The TN visa is available to Canadian or Mexican nationals seeking employment under the NAFTA Treaty.
To qualify for TN Visa as a Dentist, the applicant must have earned, and is able to provide proof of one of the following requirements:
- Doctor of Dental Surgery degree (D.D.S.);
- Doctor of Dental Medicine (D.M.D.);
- Doctor en Odontologia;
- Doctor en Cirugia Dental; or
- State / provincial license.
The applicant for TN Visa must also provide the additional requirements:
- Proof of Canadian or Mexican citizenship;
- An offer of employment from a prospective U.S. employer;
- Proof of intent to return to Canada or Mexico at the expiration of the temporary TN stay.
About the TN Visa:
TN status may be granted for up to 3 years. TN extensions are available.
You must have a job offer for a temporary full-time or part-time job with a U.S. employer (but not self-employment) for a position on the TN Occupation List.
You may apply at the Port of Entry (Canadian TN), at a U.S. Embassy (Mexican TN), or by filing the I-129 petition with USCIS. Our attorney can prepare the petition for you to take to the port of entry or embassy.
If you have a general question about the TN visa please complete and submit the form below and we will do our best to answer it. You may also follow us on facebook as we usually post the answers there.