Permanent Residence for Spouse who is outside the US (IR-1, CR-1)
Attorney Service: $995. Click here for details.
Permanent Residence for Spouse who is outside the US (IR-1, CR-1)
Do it Yourself Kit: $99.95. Click here for details.

Marriage Certificate Issues

Marriage Certificate Issues

You must obtain an original marriage certificate, or a certified copy, bearing the appropriate seal or stamp of the issuing authority.

Note: Marriage certificates from certain countries are unavailable.

More specific information is available from NVC, the nearest United States immigrant visa processing post, or online here.

Each country-specific page provides detailed information about the government-recognized and -authorized entity or agency(ies) within that country for obtaining civil documents, for example, birth, marriage, or divorce certificates, adoption decrees, police or prison records.

This information details the availability of each document, and how and where it can be obtained within that particular country.


If you have a question about the CR-1 Spouse Visa process, please use the form below. We will respond as quickly as possible.

Error: Contact form not found.

There are no products