Outstanding Researcher / Professor Visa - Attorney Services
Click here to start
Outstanding Researcher / Professor Visa - Complete Do it Yourself Kit. Click here for details

Outstanding Researcher / Professor – FAQ

Q: What is a Permanent Job Offer?

A: A permanent job offer is any job without a defined termination date. Job salary is of no relevance.

Q: How many Recommendation Letters should I obtain?

A: There is no specific number set forth by the USCIS. We generally recommend at least five letters of recommendation in our EB-1 Outstanding Researcher / Professor petitions.

Q: Does your firm provide some samples of Letters of Recommendation?

A: Yes, we provide our clients with sample recommendation letters, and we review and recommend changes to drafts.

Q: If my EB-1 I-140 petition is approved, when can I file a petition for Adjustment of Status?

A: Usually immediately. The 1st employment category is usually current. Click here for the current Visa Bulletin.

Q: Can teaching or research experience obtained while working toward the PhD be used to meet the 3 year requirement?

A: Experience in teaching or research while working on an advanced degree will only be acceptable if the individual has acquired the degree, and if the teaching duties were such that he or she had full responsibility for the class taught or if the research conducted toward the degree has been recognized as outstanding.Evidence of teaching and/or research experience shall be in the form of letter(s) from former or current employer(s) and shall include the name, address, and title of the writer, and a specific description of the duties performed by the person.

If you have a general Outstanding Researcher / Professor Green Card question, please use the form below. We will do our best to answer it for you:

Error: Contact form not found.

There are no products