Proving a bona fide relationship

To obtain a green card, your marriage must be bona fide.

This can be proven by presenting the following documentation:

Photographs that show both spouses together and with family and friends. These photographs can be taken at the wedding, at other functions or events, and throughout their relationship.

Letters between the couple before the marriage, with their postmarked envelope.

Evidence of trips the couple has taken together, including bills and receipts reflecting hotel stays, car rental, plane tickets, postcards sent to family members while on the trip.

Birth certificates of children of the marriage.

Copies of joint income tax returns.

Evidence of joint checking or savings accounts.

Photo ID cards of both spouses with a new card for the wife showing her married name.

Driver’s licenses, credit cards, check cashing cards, employment ID cards, video club memberships, etc. for both parties.

Real property deeds showing joint tenancy.

Apartment lease or a letter from the landlord indicating that both spouses live at the apartment or copies of rent receipts showing both parties’ names.

Letter from an employer showing a change in records to reflect the spouses’ new marital status.

Letter from an employer showing designation of the spouse as the person to be notified in event of accident, sickness, or other emergency.

Evidence of life insurance policies where the spouse is named as beneficiary.

Evidence of medical or health insurance plans, which name the spouse as a member or beneficiary.

Evidence of correspondence between parties, including letters, birthday and holiday cards, telephone calls, and other correspondence addressed to the parties.

Religious marriage certificates if the couple had a church wedding.

Copies of gas, electric, telephone and other utility bills.

Evidence of joint ownership of an automobile.

Evidence of all major purchases made together, such as stereo, television, refrigerator, washer, dryer, etc.

Pictures of spouse and family.

Client Reviews

  • Excellent service provided by the Team and every step of the way was very accurate and guidance was brilliant , we use USAVISANOW for our Companies Immigration needs , will recommend to every one.
  • After searching for an attorney/firm to prepare my NIW case I came across Marc’s website ( I was immediately struck by how responsive they were, often answering my detailed questions within an hour. It took about 4 weeks from start the process to filing with USCIS – mostly because of the time it took me to obtain the reference / recommendation letters…
  • The Green Card process, or any immigration petition for that matter, can be a very daunting, stressful and confusing process for applicants. Thanks to Marc and his team, my experience (for both my Green Card application from start to finish, and H1B transfer from my former to my current employer) was none of those things.
  • I worked with Taylor and Associates Law P.C. on two separate cases — an H1B work visa and a marriage green card — and was very pleased with the high-level of service they provided. The visa process is very overwhelming, but my case manager, Mr. Dorer, made both processes easy and efficient because he is informative and is always quick to respond to my questions in a timely manner.
  • Marc Taylor and his team have been excellent in preparing and following-up on our case in a timely manner. The team has been prompt in filing all the paper work for the Green card for my husband. They answered every question I had (and I had a lot of questions!) quickly and clearly. I have already recommended their services to my friend who is getting married next month. Thank you for making this process seem easy!
  • We decided to go with Marc for our K-1 visa, for my fiance and son. Marc and his incredible team was an invaluable resource for us in uniting our family. I want to additionally extend my warmest regards and thanks to John for his patience and unwavering support! Thank you all so very much!
  • Have been using Marc Taylor’s services, for a few years. Mr. Taylor provided assistance and guided us through many steps: from the initial H1B visa application all the way to the employment based Green Card. Very professional and quick to respond to our inquiries. The website is easy to use. Very convenient to send documents and track the progress of your application. Office employees are also very helpful and responsive.
  • My marriage based permanent residence case was prepared professionally and filed quickly. They responded to my emails in a very detailed and timely manner. The whole process was done online. They kept me updated about my case status during the whole process. Thank you Marc and your team for helping me through this process and not charging me thousands of dollars like some other lawyers.

Read More Client Reviews

There are no products