L-1 Visa - Attorney Services
Click here to start.
L-1 Visa - Complete Do it Yourself Kit.
Click here to order.

Setting up a new US Company for the L-1 Visa

For setting up a Corporation, Partnership or LLC in the US, you may contact a company like:

Business Filings International, Inc.
Website: http://www.bizfilings.com/

When establishing a new U.S. Subsidiary or Affiliate company for an L-1 Visa, you will want to keep the following in mind:

The foreign firm and the US firm must have a “qualifying relationship.”

The US and the foreign firm must have common majority ownership, or, where there is less than majority ownership, common control by the same person or entity.

Ownership by a common group of owners where no owner has control or a majority interest can cause a problem if each individual owner does not own approximately the same amount of both the US and the foreign company.

This problem can sometimes be worked around if the owners have set up a voting agreement to ensure that there are not different groups controlling the foreign firm and the US firm.

As a general rule, the Owner of the Foreign Company should own at least 50% of the U.S. Company.

Proof of Ownership and Control of the US Entity:

When relevant you will want to submit copies of the share certificates issued and list the # of shares of stock issued for the US Entity.

Once the US Entity is formed, you will want to set up a US Checking Account and rent office space.

There are no products