Q: How Can I Use Assets to Qualify?
A: Assets may supplement income if the immigration officer is convinced that the monetary value of the asset could reasonably be made available to support the fiance visa applicant and converted to cash within one year without undue harm to the sponsor or his or her family members.
You may not include an automobile unless you show that you own at least one working automobile that you have not included.
Q: What assets can be used?
A: Any type of asset can be used if it is readily convertible to cash within a year.
Liquid assets, such as savings deposits, stocks, bonds, and certificates of deposit will be viewed most favorably because they would be most accessible for the support of sponsored immigrants.
Other assets, such as property, may also be acceptable if they can be sold within a year.
Q: What evidence of assets is required?
A: Evidence establishing ownership and the value and location of assets is required.
Information on any liens and/or liabilities relating to these assets must be provided.
For bank accounts, bank statements for the most recent 12 months, or a letter from the bank stating the date the account was opened, a history of deposits and withdrawals for the past 12 months.
Contact us for more information about the fiance visa application process, or any other immigration law question. Our professional team will reply promptly.
- How to Apply for a K1 Fiance Visa by Yourself
- How to hire an Immigration Lawyer to file your K1 Fiance Visa
- How to complete the K1 Fiance Visa Affidavit of Support
- How to determine the K1 Fiance Visa Income Requirements
- How to use a joint sponsor for your K1 fiance visa
- How to prepare for the K1 fiance visa interview
- What are the K1 fiance visa vaccination requirements?
- How do I extend my K1 fiance visa?
- How do I apply for a K2 visa for my child?
- How do I get the immigration photos for my K1 fiance visa?
- How do I contact the National Visa Center for my K1 fiance visa?
- What is Packet 3 for my K1 fiance visa?
- How do I find a list of US Embassies?