Income Requirements

K1 Fiancé Visa – Form I-134 – Affidavit of Support – FAQ

Q. How much money do I need to show in order to bring my fiancé to the US?

You must meet either 125% of the poverty guidelines, or meet the asset requirement. If unable to do either, you will need a joint sponsor.

Sponsor’s Household Size 100% of HHS Poverty Guidelines* 125% of HHS Poverty Guidelines*
For sponsors on active duty in the U.S. armed forces who are petitioning for their spouse or child For all other sponsors
2 $16,460 $20,575
3 $20,780 $25,975
4 $25, 100 $31,375
5 $29,420 $36,775
6 $33,740 $42,175
7 $38,060 $47,575
8 $42,380 $52, 975
Add $4,320 for each additional person Add $5,400 for each additional person

Q: What Are the Income Requirements?

A: To qualify as a joint sponsor, you must demonstrate that your income is at least 100 percent of the current Federal poverty guideline for your household size. The Federal poverty line is updated annually and can be found above and on Form I-864P, Poverty Guidelines.

If you are on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces, including the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines or Coast Guard, and you are sponsoring your spouse or minor child, you need to have an income of 100 percent of the Federal poverty line for your household size

Contact us for more information about the fiance visa application process, or any other immigration law question. Our professional team will reply promptly.

There are no products