K1 Fiancé Visa – Form I-134 – Affidavit of Support – FAQ
Q. How much money do I need to show in order to bring my fiancé to the US?
You must meet either 125% of the poverty guidelines, or meet the asset requirement. If unable to do either, you will need a joint sponsor.
Q: What Are the Income Requirements?
A: To qualify as a joint sponsor, you must demonstrate that your income is at least 100 percent of the current Federal poverty guideline for your household size. The Federal poverty line is updated annually and can be found on Form I-864P, Poverty Guidelines.
If you are on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces, including the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines or Coast Guard, and you are sponsoring your spouse or minor child, you need to have an income of 100 percent of the Federal poverty line for your household size
Contact us for more information about the fiance visa application process, or any other immigration law question. Our professional team will reply promptly.
- How to Apply for a K1 Fiance Visa by Yourself
- How to hire an Immigration Lawyer to file your K1 Fiance Visa
- How to complete the K1 Fiance Visa Affidavit of Support
- How to use a joint sponsor for your K1 fiance visa
- How to use assets to qualify on the affidavit of support for the K1 fiance visa
- How to prepare for the K1 fiance visa interview
- What are the K1 fiance visa vaccination requirements?
- How do I extend my K1 fiance visa?
- How do I apply for a K2 visa for my child?
- How do I get the immigration photos for my K1 fiance visa?
- How do I contact the National Visa Center for my K1 fiance visa?
- What is Packet 3 for my K1 fiance visa?
- How do I find a list of US Embassies?