Panel physicians who conduct medical examinations of fiance visa applicants are now required to verify that immigrant visa applicants have met the vaccination requirement, or that it is medically inappropriate for the visa applicant to receive one or more of the listed vaccinations:
• tetanus and diphtheria toxoids
• influenzae type b (Hib)
• hepatitis B
• pneumococcal and
In order to assist the panel physician, and to avoid delays in the processing of an immigrant visa, all immigrant visa applicants should have their vaccination records available for the panel physician’s review at the time of the immigrant medical examination.
Visa applicants should consult with their regular health care provider to obtain a copy of their immunization record, if one is available.
If you do not have a vaccination record, the panel physician will work with you to determine which vaccinations you may need to meet the requirement.
Certain waivers of the vaccination requirement are available upon the recommendation of the panel physician.
Only a physician can determine which of the listed vaccinations are medically appropriate for you, given your age, medical history and current medical condition.
Contact us for more information about the fiance visa application process, or any other immigration law question. Our professional team will reply promptly.
- How to Apply for a K1 Fiance Visa by Yourself
- How to hire an Immigration Lawyer to file your K1 Fiance Visa
- How to complete the K1 Fiance Visa Affidavit of Support
- How to determine the K1 Fiance Visa Income Requirements
- How to use a joint sponsor for your K1 fiance visa
- How to use assets to qualify on the affidavit of support for the K1 fiance visa
- How to prepare for the K1 fiance visa interview
- How do I extend my K1 fiance visa?
- How do I apply for a K2 visa for my child?
- How do I get the immigration photos for my K1 fiance visa?
- How do I contact the National Visa Center for my K1 fiance visa?
- What is Packet 3 for my K1 fiance visa?
- How do I find a list of US Embassies?