What is the process for extending a K-1 Visa beyond the original four month validity?
A consular officer can revalidate a K visa petition any number of times for additional periods of 4 months provided the officer concludes that the petitioner and beneficiary remain legally free to marry and continue to intend to marry each other within 90 days after the beneficiary’s admission into the United States.
To have the petition revalidated send a written request to the Embassy that includes a statement of your intention to go forward with the marriage.
Contact us for more information about the fiance visa application process, or any other immigration law question. Our professional team will reply promptly.
- How to Apply for a K1 Fiance Visa by Yourself
- How to hire an Immigration Lawyer to file your K1 Fiance Visa
- How to complete the K1 Fiance Visa Affidavit of Support
- How to determine the K1 Fiance Visa Income Requirements
- How to use a joint sponsor for your K1 fiance visa
- How to use assets to qualify on the affidavit of support for the K1 fiance visa
- How to prepare for the K1 fiance visa interview
- What are the K1 fiance visa vaccination requirements?
- How do I apply for a K2 visa for my child?
- How do I get the immigration photos for my K1 fiance visa?
- How do I contact the National Visa Center for my K1 fiance visa?
- What is Packet 3 for my K1 fiance visa?
- How do I find a list of US Embassies?