K-1 Fiance Visa for Same-Sex Couples

The K-1 fiancé visa is available to same-sex couples since the U.S. Supreme Court’s overturned of key portions of DOMA.

Per the regulations you are required to prove 1) that you are a U.S. citizen, 2) that the two of you have met face to face in person within the last two years, 3) that the two of you plan to marry within 90 days of your intended’s entry into the United States, 4) and that your partner is not inadmissible to the U.S. for health, crime, security, past unlawful presence in the U.S., or other reasons.

After your fiancé arrives in the U.S., you are required to marry within 90 days, and then prepare and submit your new spouse’s adjustment of status (green card) application.

You will want to get married in a State that recognizes same sex marriage.

For additional information visit our K-1 Fiancé Visa information section.

There are no products